Top Content Title
This is an additional section to be able to add content
DSC Rules and Regulations
- Members and Professional Coaches should endeavour to respect the rights and dignity of every human being, and to treat everyone equally.
- Professional Coaches, skaters and families are encouraged to uphold the spirit of the sport, to obey all the rules and to behave in a sportsmanlike manner.
- Communication and cooperation are to be encouraged at all times.
- Families and Professional Coaches will respect the responsibility of the DSC Executive as defined in the Club's Bylaws.
- Discussions pertaining to the operation of the Club, the coaching arrangements or any other point that could result in hard feelings or poor morale between Club participants are unacceptable. (Anyone receiving two written notices concerning inappropriate conduct from the DSC Executive will result in dismissal from the Club).
- The DSC reserves the right to cancel or change schedules or events in the best interest of the Club.
- Rules administered by the DSC Executive and may need to be amended from time to time as required to successfully administer the Club's operation.
- Anyone wishing to register with the DSC must be a member in good standing; meaning all fees and for bills from the previous year must be paid to both the Club and ALL Professional Coaches.
- Anyone registering with the Devon Skating Club MUST take lessons from a Devon Skating Club Professional Coach.
- All registration fees and deposits are due in full within the first 30 days of the skating session. Skating privileges will be suspended if these dates are not met.
- Absolutely no refunds will be made to anyone that registers with the DSC after the first four scheduled lessons have taken place. IT will not matter if the skater(s) have missed the lessons.
- The $50.00 DSC Admin Fee (includes Skate Canada membership fee) is NON-REFUNDABLE.
- Every family registered with the DSC is required to fundraise.
- Concerns of coaches and/or family members should be handled in a discreet manner, as quickly as possible with the DSC Executive. Any unresolved issues within the DSC may be directed by any concerned party to the DSC Executive.
- All disagreements between skaters, which are presenting problems, should be directed to the DSC President.
- Decisions pertaining to the individual skater's program and conduct shall be the responsibility of the Professional Coach, in consultation with the DSC President and family.
- All skaters in the KidSkate, CanSkate and CanPowerSkate Programs MUST wear a helmet on the ice that is approved by the Canadian Standards Association (CSA). Otherwise, for your child's safety, he/she will not be allowed on the ice. ABSOLUTELY NO BIKE HELMETS ARE ALLOWED ON THE ICE! If you are unsure of whether your helmet is safe, please talk to one of our Professional Coaches.
- Those skaters in the Jumpstart or Junior Program who choose to wear a helmet on the ice, the above rule applies.
- Unacceptable conduct during a class may, at the Professional Coach's discretion, result in the skater(s) being sent off the ice.
- Skaters must have permission from a Professional Coach to leave the ice at all times.
- The Professional Coaches have full authority on the ice surface at all times.
- Parents are welcome to watch all of the on-ice sessions. However, we ask that you watch from the stands or the viewing area and NOT down at the boards or in the player's box. By doing this you are insuring more productive sessions for both the skaters and coaches due to less distractions. Please do not converse with your skater(s) from the bleacher area.
- All Kidstate and Canskate Skaters must dress appropriately for their lesson. Skating attire should be worn so that the skater is allowed to move freely and keeps them warm while learning their skills. All Junior Program skaters will wear skating dresses or skirts, warm-up pants or leggings. Test/Competitive skaters should wear skating dresses or skirts. ABSOLUTELY NO JEANS ARE TO BE WORN ON THE ICE BY ANY SKATER! Hair should be held back with soft accessories to avoid head injuries and mitts should be worn. If a skater is not dressed appropriately for his/her class, the Professional Coaches have the right to send the skater off the ice.
- All skaters will refrain from publicly defacing the club on the internet in public forms such as facebook, twitter, etc.
We accept Mastercard, Visa and cheques. Fees are payable in Canadian funds. The full program fee paid by credit must be made at time of registration unless the program specifies pay in installments. Payments by cheque must be received within 2 weeks after registration or prior to the first scheduled class to guarantee your enrollment. NSF cheques are subject to a $40 charge.
Skate Canada Membership fees are non-refundable. Program refunds will not be issued after the third class within a session unless approved by the club's executive after submitting a medical certificate and a written request for refund. A $50 administration fee will be applied to all refunds.
The Devon Skating Club (DSC) is committed to protecting the privacy of a member’s personal information. All information collected is confidential and will be used solely for administration purposes. Information collected will also be used to register skaters with our National Governing Body, Skate Canada. The DSC does not share member information with any other organization, user group, or third party other than Skate Canada. The DSC is a member and registered club with Skate Canada.
All sports clubs have a level of volunteer and fundraising commitment required by all members. Our club is no different. We are fortunate to participate in a casino every 3rd year which provides significant funding and affords the club the opportunity to refund the volunteer/fundraising fees to those members that complete their volunteer/fundraising commitment. By registering with the Devon Skating Club you understand that volunteering and fundraising is important and that you will participate to the best of your ability during the season. You also understand that you have an opportunity to earn your volunteer/fundraising fees back if you complete your commitment before the end of the season.
Bottom Content Title
This is an additional section to be able to add content