What is CanPower?
CanPower is Skate Canada approved programming designed for developing players looking to supplement their hockey training and to enhance their skating ability by teaching technique and efficiency, for quality execution. Hockey and Ringette players are welcome.
GET AN EXTRA EDGE AND TAKE YOUR GAME TO THE NEXT LEVEL.
Get a step up on the competition with CanPowerSkate, a high-energy instructional power skating program geared to hockey and ringette players. This program focuses on balance, control and agility skills including components of power and speed. Skating skills, techniques and performance drills are taught in a progressive format by Skate Canada coaches certified through the NCCP to enhance the skating ability required in game situations.
Currently, the Devon Skating Club is offering Pre-Power CanSkate until such time as our Club grows and can sustain full CanPower programming.
- Skaters may be any age and must have previous skating experience that equates to Stage 2 in CanSkate or higher.
- All Pre-Power Canskate participants must have hockey skates, gloves, stick, and helmet.
- Dressing in full equipment is encouraged.
- Pre-Power Canskate is offered on Wednesdays from 5:30-6:20pm.
- Participants will rotate from station to station and be trained on skills in both the Canskate and CanPower programs. They will receive progress reports for both programs.
- Signing up for CanPower is an indication to the coaches that your skater would like more of a hockey focus.